Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Blast From the Past

I was cleaning up my office this afternoon and was digging through mounds of dusty detrius when I unearthed an old fitness assessment and found an old MAX VO2 Test I had taken when I was 34 (over ten years ago!) that I had completely forgotten about. I produced a 64.6 ml/Kg/min at 14% body fat. I weighed 202 pounds. The test was marked, "Excellent".

I am now even more intrigued to retake my MAX VO2 test up at the John Buchanan Sports Medicine Clinic at the University of British Columbia in late September when my goal weight is 176-180 pounds.

At 8-10% body fat I should be able to get a MAX VO2 number in the high 60s...

I hope!

In March of this year, Michael calculated my MAX VO2 at 57 at 22% body fat at 203 based on my UBC data and my maximum heart rate of around 200.

Actually, I'd give my left nut to crack 70... At age 45 no less. Makes me wonder what I might have done in my early twenties... That 36:10 10K time when I was 28 years old and only weighed 178 pounds certainly makes sense now!

Oh to be young again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home