Friday, July 21, 2006

Always a Fly in the Ointment



I was getting ready for a long day of filming in my good buddy Thomas Lockhart's shop, for a project for Microsoft that I am not allowed to talk about... (Hey, I'm still waiting for my non-disclosure agreement, but I'll be on my best behavior!) http://westcoasttattoo.com/

Needless, to say, if you go to the web site for the reality television series, Rockstar: Supernova - The Tommy Lee Project you will see that most of the tattoo artwork and graphics are done by our very own world-renowned tattoo artist Thomas Lockhart. Tom took his game to a whole new level on this project.

By the way, check out the Rockstar: Supernova site. It is amazing!

This series is produced by Mark Burnett, the same guy who did Survivor and the Apprentice with Forrest Gump.

But I'm not allowed to talk about the filming....

Anyways, Tom was stopped at the red light in the above intersection when he got NAILED from behind by a putz in a van who apparently fell asleep at the wheel or at the very least had a severe brain cramp. As you can see, the van drove Tom's Fat Boy fifteen or twenty feet forward into the intersection.




I picked Tom's dog, Chili Conchita up from the SPCA across the road. Those ladies in there are angels. Absolute angels. Donate some money to them! Please, they represent a great cause.

Tom's Fat Boy is a f**ked.

So is Tom.

In the hospital he fractured a vertabrae and had a protruding lumbar disc that actually showed up on the X-Ray. They wanted to do a Cat Scan, but said it might take hours before it was done and Tom would be released.

In the meantime, Tom had a film crew - I'm not allowed to talk about it - from Seattle and Los Angeles and Vancouver - waiting outside his shop at West Coast Tattoo at 620 Davie Street ready to start filming. But I can't talk about it...

There was no way Tom was sticking around. Tom signed a release - absolving the hospital and all staff of resonsibility for his condition - and I drove him to the shop. He then tattooed for nearly eight hours - but I'm not allowed to talk about it.


Posted by Picasa

At the end of the day, Tom had an excruciating head-ache, as did I, surprise, surprise.

Worse yet, Tom was getting pins and needles in his feet and a loss of feeling. He felt dizzy and light-headed when he stood up and was having trouble focusing his eyes.

For you kids at home, these are bad, bad signs.

I took Tom back to the Hospital and they re-admitted him for his overdue Cat Scan.

Long story short, he isn't brain-damaged - although I wonder what they used for a base line test- and he ended up with some pretty brutal bruising, a fractured vertabrae, some obvious whiplash, a dislocated shoulder, some badly bruised ribs and one F**KED up Fat Boy.

Tom would be the first to admit that without his helmet and a thousand dollar fully armoured riding jacket that weighs thirty pounds, it might have been a different story.

And all this took place while at a dead stop at a red light in an intersection...

AND MOI?

I have an appointment to get Nathalie to finish my hair cut at http://ooh-la-la.ca/

My face is as bright red as a tomato. But it's a good looking tomato.

I am doing everything in my power to stay out of the sun. 60 sun block doesn't mean shit when your face feels like mine does. Can you say ouch!?!

I got some new pain-killers from my doctor and on Monday and Tuesday I slept fourteen hours!

That is more than twice what I normally sleep. But I did have nightmares last night and started firing off e-mails at 4:00 AM.

My 45 day cycle of topical chemotherapy lasts until July 25th when I have an appointment to see my doctor again. Please God, let this be over with.

I have to tell you, this has stretched me as far as I want to be stretched. Unless of course Cindy Crawford is involved, and by all accounts she is a happily married woman...

If I NEVER see another tube of EFUDEX in my life it will be too soon.

Be safe, kids.

Wear sunblock.

Wear a hat.

Nobody really notices tan-lines when you're naked anyways...

They're concentrating on other things...

3 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Epp said...

Vince, all things are relative of course, but you DO look better...
In a year this will be a small blip on the radar screen for you and we'll be hearing more stories of you running Stormy backwards and wearing nothing but a sun hat...
Heard a great quote from a guy who is competing in the Badwater Ultra... "God made the desert so man could find his soul..." Well, this crap you've dealt with was given so you could find something about yourself!
Anyway, if it was all meant to be a smooth path we'd have nothing to talk about, so Godspeed these last few days of treatment and get ready for the next challenge (this time of your choosing hopefully).
And best wishes to your friend for his recovery...

11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And they say there are no more Vikings...

1:48:00 PM  
Blogger serge said...

(poverty alleviation) Hello Sir/Madam Have you been refused at the bank because your credit does not meet their standards? Do you dream of owning your own home, but were denied a mortgage due to high interest rates or insufficient credit? Is your business down? Do you need money to boost your business? had explainable late payments, over-indebtedness, divorce or loss of employment or other, You will be able to have a second chance at credit between individuals. have you learned about the great loan campaign offered by Mr Remis Canales de Trans- CIC-Banks? I'm telling you about it because it offers loans of up to $150,000 at a very low rate of 2.59%, and it even left me 4 months before I started not being reimbursed. contact Mr. Remis Canales if you have a good project that needs financing.

dgcanales22@gmail.com

+14503005817

8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home