Saturday, March 22, 2008

Playing Catch Up

What with all that's been going on, I've been struggling to re-establish my running routines.

I missed the last two Sunday runs because of my Father's Memorial Service and other obligations.  You make plans and then the realities of life weigh in.

On the positive side, my weight has dropped back down to 203 - all praise sensible eating and a healthy lifestyle.  And fewer bottles of wine!

I had a check up and my blood pressure has dropped down significantly from my stressed out 135/115 in mid-medical crisis, to 118/85 last week, but still a ways from December's 108/68!

This week I ran 23K, 21K and a fast - near race pace for me - 10K in 47:19.  I did the 10K just to get a feel for where I was at and I did feel a little better after the run.  My average heart rate was 162 and I finished with a pant-inducing 172.  Last spring, my best 10K time was around 42 minutes.  Sometime you just have to take what you can get!

Tomorrow I'll be doing my first twenty miler in two months.

Thankfully it will be followed by a Sunday Ham feast!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home