Saturday, May 20, 2006

Gear Junkie - Getting a Fix


I went with Michael yesterday and got the rest of the gear I need to start cycling... Shoes, cycling shorts, jerseys, etc., etc., etc. - I am still recovering from the sticker shock.

As a self-confessed gear junkie, I should have known what to expect.

So here are some pics of my new Shimano SH - R215s. These were actually a deal because they were inventory orphans that were special order stock that was never picked by the customer. Hence, I swooped in and snatched them up. One pair in stock, and they fit me! Or is that just the most tired-ruse in the bike shoe selling game!?!

Pretty fly for a white guy...




 Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here at work having a fairly crappy morning and all it took to make me smile was your final line......

10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Yep, lycra shorts, a falshy jerseys and shoes that make walking impossible. You'll pretty much be the envy of all the boys in the hood.

2:24:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

"Flashy"! - what the heck is falshy? (though on second glance, that might be a good biking term...after falling several times, he became falshy! OK, they'd be 2 "L"'s)

2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Vince, Vince, Vince. You should SWIM. It's way cheaper than cycling!

2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Yeah, right, Joe...

"Swimming is cheap."

I can hardly wait until I lay out $800.00 for a wet suit!

6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Anthony Epp said...

Those shoes are sweeeeeeet

7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

>> "Swimming is cheap."
> I can hardly wait until I
> lay out $800.00 for a wet suit!

I'm not talking about open water swimming! I'm talking about masters swimming. $20 for goggles, $30 for a swimsuit and $40/month for pool fees. That's cheap! Anyway, with your thigh injury, some swimming might be just what the doctor ordered.

BTW, those cycling shoes look really, really cool!

9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home