Saturday, July 22, 2006

Summerfast 10K - Or, Some Are Dumb Like Vince



I promised my friends I would go out easy.

Pace a friend.

Have fun.

Enjoy the 85 degree weather.



Me taking it easy.



#146 tried to pass me with a mile to go.

Actually, she did.

I came back with a K to go.

And then in the last two hundred metres she tried again.

Sister, kick is my middle name.



Right. Like that was going to happen...

Like the space shuttle on re-entry, pieces of my face started to fly off.

Best of all...

My friend podiumed!

I needed medical attention. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vince, regarding your skin cancer, I have had actinic keratosis and will share my experience in dealing with it. Mine appears primarily as small red spots, usually with an itching sensation, on my arms and legs (occasionally on my head). A dermatologist guided me through several treatments, including Efudex. The most effective treatments have been from freezing or, if observed early enough, Betamethasone Dipropionate ointment. I really like the success with Betameth because it works quickly to dry up the red spot. It just takes a very small topical application for one or two days. Betameth also comes in a cream, but it wasn't effective. It does require a prescription (in the U.S.).

Good luck.

Fred Newton
Austin, Texas (visiting Vancouver)

6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

AAAck...loved this post...had me smiling and laughing. Great job!! You show em Boy!!!!

5:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please Vinci, I am begging you.

DON"T RUN TODAY.

It"s cooking, stay in the fucking shade.

7:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home