Wednesday, July 26, 2006

CRash & Burn

Because my sleep is so intermittent due to the pain - I have no epidermis to speak of on my face - I grab it when I can (sleep that is). I often crash for a few hours in the afternoon.

My good friends notice my e-mails are posted at 2, 3, and 4 in the morning. I tend to sleep 2 or 3 hours at a time, maximimum.

Last night, my DVD player quit after the first disc in the second season of The Entourage - my new favorite program after the Sopranos. Did THAT ever suck! Once Cameron comes on board as the director, does Vince get the role of Aquaman or what!?! FUCK! Cheap DVD player.

That's what I get for buying a combo DVD/VHS Video player at Cost-Co. But, hey it is a Sony. And what the fuck am I supposed to do with my collection of two thousand or so videos?

Is it just me, but after watching all of the fifth season of Tony and Co. I was depressed for what seemed like days? But I still wanted to fuck Autumn more than ever... Probably shouldn't have watched 13 straight hours of Sopranos...

Anyways, 4:15 AM - I was in bed by 8:00 PM - a friend called to come over at 10:00 Pm and brought some meals in plastic tupperware containers. God, I love women.

Actually, a couple of guys have done the same thing.

I stayed up to 11:00 PM to be socialable and then stagggered back to bed.

Can't believe I slept through to 4:00 AM.

My apartment, for those of you who haven't graced it's presense, is a bit of a maze around my shoe and boot collection. Especially in the dark.

Stumbling in the dark - you know, when the lights are turned out - I realized my eyes were frozen shut from pus and all the crap that had oozed out in my sleep.

I was blind.

And couldn't see a thing.

I bounced off the wall, knocking down a bunch of the art that litters the wall.

Fuck.

45.

46 in less than two weeks.

This is old age.

I grabbed the edge of the bathroom sink as I flew into the bathroom like I'd been tackled by Lawrence Taylor.

I slowed my speed a bit, but broke off a mirror, bounced off the toilet and slammed into the bathtub.

I protected my head at the last second with my shoulder.

Just like playing football or hockey or martial arts twenty, or was it twenty-five years ago.

That really fucking hurt.

Sorry, present tense. It REALLY fucking hurts.

Should make for some good bruises.

Would have been nice to have someone to help pick me up.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Might have been too embarassassing to be lying there on the floor naked.

At least my prostate hasn't closed off and I can still piss like a race horse.

I took some more pain-killers.

Can't seem to sleep now.

This explains this Blog.

Hurts to lie on one side. Might have cracked a few old ribs.

Pain-killers starting to kick in.

Damn this Corona tastes good.

Good Night and Good Luck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Corona at 4 in the morning...that's my kinda man! My fridge is never without a few bottles and some limes.

12:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the language, Mrs. Hemmingson.

But you're son is crazier than a fucking three-eyed bat.

12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
I don't envy this scenario. I hope you stayed unconscious for quite a while. Feel better!

6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

They just don't make DVD players like they used to. My 6 year old Toshiba stills runs flawlessly but my brand new Toshiba sometimes has problems with DVD-R disks. Go figure.

10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home