Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Busted...

The transmission has imploded again in my car...

That's the new (well,new-used, that is...)twelve hundred dollar transmission that I popped for less than a month ago...

And the transmission that left me hoofing it for a solid week.

And frankly, as bad as this seems, this is actually the least of my worries right now.

If I was Irish, and I think there's a spot of Irish blood in there somewheres, I would be muttering darkly about the 'troubles'.

A mechanical disaster actually feels like a bit of a blessing after what has seemed like several weeks of pulling knives out of my back, thoughtfully inserted by individuals I have mistaken for friends - well, friends of friends - and colleagues in the film business.

Having had my taste for life soured by recent events, I have had no particular desire to post.

I keep remembering my Mother's old adage, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything else at all."

Few things are worse than listening to someone ceaselessly whine about their life, unless its reading about it of course.

At least the sun is shining.

Looks like a good day to run...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home