Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Barometer Bones

Woke up this morning with a blinding headache and an almost complete inability to turn my head. And no, there was no alcohol involved... I went to bed at a normal hour, feeling fine at the time and woke up in agony. Ahhh, you have to love old whiplash injuries. I must have slept in a funny position and now I have a funky little nerve sending SOS messages up through my left shoulder and neck, right into my brain. Such as it is... It actually makes my left eye squint and twitch as if I am a B Grade character actor in a bad Clint Eastwood western shot in Spain.

Dragged myself out of bed and washed down some aspirin with some extra-strength caffeine. Braved the rain and the wind and ran a hard 10K. Running is the one thing I seem to be in control of these days. No one else on the trails this morning. Just me and the puddles. Coming down off the curb to hit the asphalt with my heel was an interesting experience. Ran the shower hot enough to peel skin and climbed out ten minutes later, bright red and feeling a little better.

My father had an angiogram was night and now it's off to the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home