Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Getting Carried Away

As I am gearing up for the Stormy Ultramarathon Trail Race in August - all 50 miles and 80 kilometres of it - I have to make sure I don't get too carried away with my training.

Last Wednesday the temperature hit about 80 degrees and I ran nearly a hilly 12 K in around 55 Minutes. Felt a little fried around the edges after that.

I took Thursday off and on Friday did 20 K with 10 K of hill work.

I did an easy 20 K on Saturday.

On Sunday it was 76 degrees at 8:00 AM. Patrick, Justin, Laura and I slathered on the sun screen and after ten o'clock and about 18 K we tried to stay in the shade of the trees that remain in Stanley Park. So the last 12 K was in the shade, but it was all hills and in the end we nearly did 31K. By Noon it was well over eighty degrees...

OF COURSE I took Monday off to recover....

Last night was the first night of a fresh Marathon Clinic and even though the run was only an easy 6 or 7 K, I was anything but fresh. My legs were DEAD!

So I backed off and just loafed out the miles to circulate some oxygenated blood through my legs.

I am supposed to do another 10K tonight and will see how I feel. At least the temperature has dropped a little.

Weight is 194. Back on the Boston Diet. Kelowna and the Okanagan Marathon here I come. Hopefully at 175 pounds, lean and hungry as a wolf and fast as a greyhound...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home