Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Even Perfection Has Its Limitations

Last Fall I was absolutely and utterly convinced - by the best-meaning friends in the world, I am sure - that after twenty years of cursing Bill Gates and my endlessly crashing PC, that if I had an ounce of common sense and and any aesthetic taste at all, I simply must switch to an Apple.  

Appealing to my artistic vanity nearly always works, so I soon found myself in possession of a brand spanking new iMac 24.  A thing of rare beauty.   My brain still hurts on a regular basis from attempting to decipher a new operating system.  I am after all, a dog that is getting increasingly longer in the tooth. Or is that a horse?  My memory is starting to go as well... And now the new operating system doesn't operate worth a damn. Yes, those primal screams emanating from the heart of Kitsilano belong to yours truly.

My state of the art, supposedly super-fast Apple is moving like a six hour pace group or molasses in January.  I am endlessly confronted by Apple's not so cute, mushroom inhaling, psychedelically coloured, spinning basketball of doom.  I want to heave the sleek, designed to give geeks an erection, 24 inch screen through my office window.

But enough about my crappy Apple...  ARRRGGGH!

Last Wednesday I ran a great 10K in 48:15 at an average heart rate of 158.  A beautiful run. But after a week and a half of running more than my fair share of fast miles, my legs were not co-operating in yesterday's Bank of Hong Kong Canada Day 10K Race.  On an admittedly hot morning, but still only 8:00 AM, I ran the race in a chip time of 49:10. And my average heart rate was 167, nearly ten beats higher than six days ago.  I crossed the Finish Line at 188!

Okay, time to figure out what to do with this beautiful beast sitting on top of my desk....

ARRGGGH!

1 Comments:

Blogger cindy55 said...

Oh dearest Headhunter! Throw it out and come back to the "dark side" with no spinning wheels from hell!!
Cindy! :p

9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home