Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lucky 8's

I guess if I was Chinese, or a gambler, I'd be a little more enamored about turning forty-eight on 08/08/08.  But, as it is, I have to figure I'm pretty lucky, both blessed and fortunate in the grand scheme of things.

I ran the Totem to Totem Marathon in Skidegate, Haida Gwaii on July 26.  I even managed to mock up some pretty nice marathon gear and a couple of nice marathon graphic designs - if I don't mind saying so myself!

I finished my 25th marathon in 4:45:00, cruising through the course with an average heart rate of 138, or 63% of my MHR.

This past Saturday, I was MCing the wedding reception of one of my closest and dearest friends, and rather than attempt an early morning Sunday effort I went out on Saturday for 37K.  We did it in 4:05 and my average heart rate was 128, which I was very pleased with.

But my right knee is a little inflames and achey, so I have decided to pass on the Stormy 50 Mile Ultramarathon Trail Race coming up this weekend.  I hate to end a streak, but I have to think of the bigger goal this october, which is to re-qualify for Boston.

My weight has kind of leveled out at 196 and fluctuates up and down a couple of pounds.   I'll have to focus on getting down to the 190 level next.

August will be about running, running and more running.  Oh, and all that pure living I preach...

Would be great to exit the month around a 185 pounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Happy Birthday!!

May the rest of the year be kind to you by seeing you through with your goals. Life owes you that.

I'm rooting for you.

6:01:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
I forgot that we share this one...I've hit 7 squared, while you're 4 squared thrice. Hope you had a good one.
Wayne

10:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home