Thursday, June 30, 2005

Summertime, and the Running is Easy..

It may be summertime here in Vancouver but we don't have much sun to show for it. The skies have been covered with haze and clouds all week. The last few days have been more muggy and warm than summertime hot. From the grumbling I hear, it sounds like I am not the only one missing the sunshine. Hugh told me that Vancouver set a new rtecord for the fewest number of hours of sunshine ever recorded in June. Thanks, Hugh, that helped make my day...

I took it easy on Tuesday's tempo run, only a gentle six kilometres this week, with C and J. Both of them did very well in Sunday's Half Marathon. (I see that yesterday I prattled on about Thoreau and Walden Pond and didn't say a damn thing about running)

Last night I picked up my runner's package for the Post-to-Post 10K race this Friday. I then went out with Hugh and did a relaxed 10K in 56 minutes. My heart rate never got much out of the mid 140s, so it was a very comfortable, easy pace. Getting excited about the race.

Here's another great Blog from one of the running blog masters, The Penguin - http://penguintimes.blogspot.com/ John Bingham's columns are better than his daily postings, I think, but are well worth the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home