Saturday, July 23, 2005

Summerfast Race; Some Are Fast, Some Are Slow

I ran the Summerfast 10K in about 43:55 this morning. Not FABULOUSLY great but still a half minute improvement in the last month over my July 1st Post-to-Post 10K. No chip - hey!, what's with that, for twenty-two freaking bucks! But I did time myself on a stopwatch (give or take five or so seconds) and the approximate time does bode well for my projected marathon time this fall in Kelowna. At least according to the folks at http://www.marathonguide.com Here are the projections in black & white...

Based on our calculations, you could perform at these times over these distances. If you are in much better shape than expected in our theoretical model, then your times will be less spread out. Conversely, if you are in worse shape then your times may be more dispersed.

5K - 0:20:58
5M - 0:34:36
Summerfast 10K - 0:43:55
10M - 1:12:29
Half Marathon - 1:37:23
Marathon - 3:23:57

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home