Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fighting Fatigue

Ahhh, the last lovely days of a marathon training cycle leading up to the taper...

All I feel today is fatigue. Of course after doing 50K (30 miles) or so on the weekend, Monday should have been a rest day.

Instead I scurried up and down a ladder like a mad squirrel. From dawn til dusk. Or was that Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney? Just a little nuts... (that's squirrel humour by the way). And by early evening, with the light fading too much to see what my hand was doing in front of my face, my knees ached with every rung, plus or minus. No, not the knees!

Tonight is the tempo run. Will be interesting to see what speed I have, at what heart rate. And apparently the talk tonight is on over-training! Joy and bliss.

All in all, it's been a pretty good cycle. Still not quite sure what to make of the back, but I'm Boston-bound come hell or highwater.

Will log off now before Bill Gates and AOL screw me over with another system crash...

Au revoir, mes amis!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home