Friday, March 10, 2006

Need New Spark Plugs

Posted by Picasa
The weather has been cold, wet and miserable here this week. How miserable you ask? Multiple layers of workout gear and you still finish sopping wet, soaked through to the skin, driving rain that comes in at you sideways and all of it just a few degrees above freezing. Snow on all the local hills. I drove through snow, hail and sleet yesterday.

The day before the Personal Best Clinic I quarterbacked the Marathon Clinic's Hill workout, but I was so cold standing around that I threw in four or five hills for the Hell of it. And not properly warmed up of course. What a horse's ass.... I woke up stiff.

Last night was 4 x 400, 2 x 800 and 4 x 400. After fifteen minutes, I was done. I had speed but no bounce and no sustainability, especially in the 800s. I just couldn't seem to find the groove I can normally settle in to. Where was my "float" I wanted to cry out! My speed was all over the road like shit from a mad woman's ass. Up and down, and all over the map.

You can see from my Polar chart that I wasn't recovering much between the later intervals. Some tall skinny freakishly bony bald Boston-bound bastard made a crack about my needing to lose another twenty pounds to get faster after poking me in the ribs and I managed not to end up in jail on a murder charge. And that bald bony Boston-bound bastard? Probably a sub-three in Beantown... Doesn't life just kill you some days...

2 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Some tall skinny freakishly bony bald Boston-bound bastard made a crack about my needing to lose another twenty pounds to get faster after poking me in the ribs and I managed not to end up in jail on a murder charge.

1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

OOPS! Meant to add, couldn't be me...I'm not that thin, and I'm not there.

1:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home