Friday, March 31, 2006

Pressure? What Pressure

I get one little blurb in some obscure column and all of a sudden I am supposed to be bringing my "A" game? No pressure there. Did five one mile repeats last night at 7:20, a pace that was so easy, despite my incredible muscle stiffness and soreness that it kind of threw me for a loop. I was well below my lactate threshold. Then I realized that my average pace in the Pacific Coast Runners First Half Half Marathon was 7:11. Now I am just getting worried! I want so badly to do well in Boston and not yet blow up... Have never been this sore before a marathon. A troubling fact given that I would like to take some time off, but I have piles of working piling up or is that stacks od work piling up, or oodles??? Jiust lots and lots of work. My writing has fallen behind - I get up at six am and answer a hundred e-mails. Work 8, 10, 12 hours. Hard work. Run a few hours. Come home and answer some more mail and try to put together another documentary and keep my web site and Blog afloat. And I want to do the Ironman next year. I am fucking certifiably insane. My weight is stuck at 178-179 and I think I am getting leaner, although people are calling me gaunt and anorexix. (sp?) Steve came through with an amazing pair of running flats. I digress, I will never even get close to 170 for Boston. Big psychlogical barrier there. It's a real head fuck when half the people you know say you never looked better and the other half express deep concerns about your health and well-being. Can you tell by the stream of consciousness Blog that I am a little tired.... Maybe mentally exhausted is a more apt way to put it... I WANT THIS BOSTON THING OVER WITH! And I want to enjoy myself, and the time with friends old and new, and the course and all the rest. An impossibility? We will soon find out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
Read this: http://scootersweightloss.blogspot.com/2006/03/letter-from-boston.html
PS - You wearing the skirt in Boston?
Wayne

2:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vince,

Calm down, man. You've just got an acute case of taperitis, that' s all!

Oh, and good luck, we will all be rooting for you!

3:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home