Friday, March 24, 2006

On the Ropes in the Fifteenth Round

Boxing, as in the fights, actually used to go fifteen rounds in Championship bouts.

Yesterday I went sixteen hours, after a twelve hour day followed by a couple of fourteen hour days.

Oh yeah, followed by those thirty or so miles (50K) on the weekend.

I am just trying to survive at this point, stay on my feet, trying not to fall off the top of the ladder and make it to the weekend.

And my chief back-fixer-upper has had to leave town on a little family emergency....

All this on what I blythly (is there an "e" somewhere in blythely?) thought would be a down and dirty little three day job...

Vince, you poor, poor demented (or is that delude, My Gawd, I'm punchy right now...) fool...

Missed two marathon training runs this week. Not a bad idea at my current level of tiredness. Not much point in flogging a dead horse.

Back to work - after five hours of sleep. Thank God it is Friday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
I think we spell it blithely in the states, but you guys may do it differently. Two countries separated by a common language!
colour = color
The Brits use anti-clockwise, while we use counter-clockwise, what do you use?
Also, spanner or wrench?
Bonnet or hood?

10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home