Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Sound of Laughter...

Men make plans and the Gods laugh...

I had an enormous retail space to paint sometime this weekend and what with trying to squeeze my Father and regular visits to the hospital in with my running and the rain and work and some semblance of a personal life, I elected to paint the place all of Saturday night and early Sunday morning (very early), so that in lieu of running the Seattle Marathon today, I could squeeze in a long run.

Ha!

Last night it started to snow as the sun was setting.

Nine hours later I left the job with the streets covered with a thin blanket of the white stuff and no sign of it letting up. But it was beautiful, with enormous soft flakes drifting through the light shed by the street lamps. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I woke up four hours later determined to run, but at a little past seven this morning I decided that sometimes, the best laid plans have to be put back on the shelf.

So I am settled back with a cup of steaming hot coffee, sitting at my computer and looking out the window at a world transformed. By this afternoon, much of the snow will have melted away, but for the time being I have surrendered to the elements.

Sometimes you just have to take what the universe yields up, sit back and laugh with the Gods.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you this morning, Vince. A wet slog through the white stuff, but it was definitely worth it - quiet out and a changed landscape from the usual DRR to Burrard to Jericho greyness.

10:51:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

I am sure there must have been a tremendous shortage of hot air...

3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home