Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fall Floods

Here on the Wet Coast, Fall is not so much a 'feeling' in the air as a splash of cold water in the face if you venture outside.  After a week of weather where it was so hot and humid that I had to break down and buy a fan so I could sleep at night, I now may have to go and follow up that purchase with one of a space heater!    It's still humid, but of the falling out of the clouds kind.  And yesterday, as I walked my dogs, I could see my breath for the better part of an hour.  And it's still August!

The cold and damp have my knee aching and it seems pretty clear to me that Long Beach is going to be a stop-gap marathon until say, maybe Sacramento at least.    My Boston qualifier has slid far down my list of life's priorities as I juggle work projects and family obligations.  Having been to Boston  twice there is no longer the sense of urgency that there was was.  Now, I can even entertain the idea of going to Boston as a spectator, there to enjoy the atmosphere and cheer on fellow marathoners who have attained their goals of qualifying.  

Don't get me wrong, I still want to race Boston, it's just that doing so has to fit it with all the rest of my life.

Still, as September fast approaches, I find myself asking, 'Where did the summer go?!'

Okay, I am procrastinating now.  Time to get back to the book....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great blog. Please visit my blog for lots of information about Thai traditional tattooTattoo Thai
Thanks for your support!!! :-)))

9:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home