Thursday, February 24, 2005

Run On

It has been a roller-coaster of a week, emotionally. Even with my learning of my friend passing away last week, and spending as much time as I can with her family this week, and a wonderful Memorial Service yesterday, I was still able to make all my runs. In fact I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been able to run. It's the best coping mechanism I have. My running buddies and clinic members have all been stalwarts and tremendous support.

The hardest part of the week for me training wise, has been getting a good nights sleep and remembering to eat well. I seem to have lost a couple of hours of sleep each night this week, and a few times I have not noticed that I haven't eaten anything until I get light-headed or all of a sudden my legs get heavy.

Tuesday night we had a great clinic, where we discussed cross-training, a subject dear to my heart, in great detail. More on that in subsequent Blogs. I ran 6K in 29 minutes at an average heart rate of 162.

Wednesday night we did six hills, and it was one of those days where I went twelve hours without eating. On the fouth hill I just ran out of gas. Did get my heart rate up into the mid 180's without too much difficulty. Noticed a little stiffness from Tuesday nights tempo run.

Tonight, I am just so thankful and grateful for the people that running has brought into my life. And that running has given me so much personal core strength. Running is a healthy, safe, and sane place to retreat to and cope with the curve balls that life throws at us sometimes. Thanks again for the heart rate monitor, Stacy. I hope I am running with the Kirk pack for many moons to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home