Friday, June 10, 2005

Grinding Through the Gears

After stepping up the pace for the first time since the Vancouver Marathon on Sunday, a 1:50 20K and Tuesday, a 30 minute 6.2K, I woke up feeling fatigue draped all over me like a wet blanket.

I took Wednesday and Thursday off, did some cross training and did a moderately fast 10K today, 54 minutes. My plan is to do an easy 5 or 6K on Saturday before Sunday's long run.

Have dropped another pound or so it seems this week and the scale reads about 195.

I am determined to pace myself over the next 18 weeks - okay it's already down to 17 1/2! - but I already feel an urgency to get faster and lighter quickly.

I tweaked a rib doing some abdominal work and I have to be careful not to overdo the cross training. I know from experience that the time between now and the marathon in Kelowna in October will fly by before I know it.

The latest marathon clinic started on Tuesday and it is one of the smallest in memory. Chances are a few more people will show up in the coming weeks. Seymour did a great job on short notice but knowing how incredibly packed his work and volunteer schedule is I am hoping he will not get swamped.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

OK Vince,
I broke! I said on Sunday that I would not be the first to post, but I checked on Mon, Tue & Wed and still no comments. I guess no opinions on this. You better get people reacting to your next post.

12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home