Thursday, October 27, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm back in town after a whirlwind tour of Southeast Asia, my phone and power are still on, my car is insured, there are fresh groceries in the fridge, no significant body parts have dropped off yet and I'm sporting a new tattoo!

Woo-hoo! I'm back in the saddle again.

Actually, quite literally. I'm back at work bright and early tomorrow to pay for the trip to the Las Vegas Marathon in the first week of December! Mmmhhnnn... is there a theme here... running marathons, life is a marathon.... mmhhhnn... I'll get to you on that one.

And thanks to everyone for the hordes of congratulatory e-mails, notes and phone calls regarding my qualifying for the Boston Marathon. They were one of the very best aspects of BQing. Ya made my month. And one of the nicest came from.

Jeff Galloway wrote:

Vince, Congratulations!

Only one-tenth of one percent of the population finishes a marathon each year. Only about 5 percent of all marathoners quality for Boston!

I recommend that you back off the pace in Boston and enjoy the experience. You have much to look forward to. I hope you can join us at a one day run school or retreat: highly motivating with individualized information.

Great advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home