Monday, February 13, 2006

Hey Gramps!

I got my Medical Certificate today from Dr. Boris for the Marathon du Medoc, the very idea of which set him off, peals of laughter circling the examining room. When I explained the wine tasting part of the marathon he howled some more, clearly tickled with those crazy French bureaucrats and their need for a piece of paper that says I'll probably survive a marathon...

Did 34.5 kilometres yesterday and then have been typing around the clock like mad to make a deadline.

All the sitting in a chair yesterday in front of a computer screen has been killing me. Sore ass, sore back...

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Boston used to require a check-up by the race doc. Many fine racers were DQ'ed because they had dangerously slow heart rates (athletically induced bradycardia). They eventually stopped this foolish practice. Maybe the French will, too!

8:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home