Thursday, February 09, 2006

The New Daddy Warbucks

Prompted by my good buddy Paul - an Englishman posing as a Frenchie in Paris - and Blog buddy Scooter I have decided that it is high time that my Boston or Bust Blog moved into the 21st Century. First it was Paul bringing the following to my attention... And why green is the accent colour of the day! It's all about the green, and I'm not talking about Saint Patty's Day! http://blogshares.com/blogs.php?blog=http://vanishingtattoo.blogspot.com%2F I have decided to see what it takes to drive up the price of my Blog shares...

The second was Scooter rightly chastising me - sniffeling and sniveling really - for not following his Blog closely enough to have picked up on the so-called "wave" start at the Boston Marathon this year... With the help of my friend Doug this morning I dragged my Blog kicking and screaming into the present. Hence all the Links and crap and stuff that makes people think you know what the fuck you are doing...

But mostly, the Links will enable yours truly a shorthand way of checking up on the places, bookmarks and things that otherwise elude me. Notice Scooter's pride of place in the Links List... Boy, what a whiner he is!

Notice I have paragraphs again? Turns out that AOL is such a shitty internet service provider that - if you can freaking belive this! - when it comes to doing a Blog that the AOL browser, when used in conjunction with Windows, will not allow you to use the Enter button on your keyboard to indent paragraphs. This must have happened as the inadvertant result of a recent update, because until last week, other than the dozen crashes a day I endured, I had no such trouble. Now just how fucking amateurish is that? I can now slag AOL in paragraphs only because I am now typing my Blog in Firefox! AOL - short for American Online Losers...!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Meantime, Vince, you've sold out in a really big way. I couldn't bring myself to put THAT much ad space on my (better than yours!) blog.

PS - In Boston, after that beer, I'm going to whack you with a blunt object - "sniffeling and sniveling"

Oh, and the big cash you're earning might be worth an afternoon off a year.

11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Justin Callison said...

Firefox is where it's at. Welcome to the real world! :-) Now if we can just get you to include the previous message when replying to e-mail .... :-)

2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Picky Bastard!

Firefox is where it's at. Welcome to the real world! :-) Now if we can just get you to include the previous message when replying to e-mail .... :-)

2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Why yes, yes I am, Herr Kettle!

Dear Pot,

You’re calling me picky?

Yours truly, Kettle

2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home