Friday, April 07, 2006

Bunny Ears

Thank Christ I finally had time to write a new Blog (the last one was getting stale, but by being up for a while it was fascinating - to say the least - to see the ebb and flow of what really turned into an interesting debate). Two days in Seattle will do that to you...

Came home and just finished going through several HUNDRED freakin' e-mails. SHIT! I forgot to check my SPAM folder...

If I can still walk three weeks after doing the Boston Marathon, I have just agreed to be the 4:45 Pace Bunny for the Vancouver Adidas Marathon on May 7th.

I love the 4:45 Groups. The people in this Pace Group are usually wonderful right across the board, for many it is their first marathon, and - Oh so exciting - which really rubs off and you can just revel in their joy and enthusiasm and get a vicarious thrill from their experience.

I only hope I can help someone like Allen achieve a - I almost hate to say this after the last Blog - goal time like qualifying for the Boston Marathon or achieving a personal best or of course, best of all, helping someone finish their first marathon.

What makes the 4:45 Group so special is that aside from the many first timers, there are also many more "experienced" runners in the mix, silver foxes of both genders, and on the run, the stories that get told from people with lives so rich and full of truly remarkable experiences are all the more memorable.

Looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
You sound almost like you'd like a world without know-it-alls. There is something special about opening the eyes (or to use the Timothy Learyism {that term ought to piss-off somebody}, expand the mind) of people to what their bodies are capable of. And, if I'm functional, I'll be writing a check to gain admission to a 24-hour race less than 2 weeks after Boston just to see if I can hold together for it. My hope is for 100 miles (walking only), but I figure 65 or so is more likely, as I expect something will break down - it's my first attempt to go long.

When do you travel to Beantown?

6:03:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Arriving in Boston on Friday, April 14th. Hoo-Rah!

6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I'm up on Thurs, I'll e-mail you cell #

5:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home