Saturday, May 27, 2006

Vince Goes Iron Bike



I am a greenhorn...

Let's see, need to learn to pull my cleats out, need to learn how to shift, need to learn how to keep my d**k from going numb,
my ass numb,
my hands numb,
my feet numb,
my brain numb...

It's all numb!

You get the picture.

Need to learn a LOT!




Kamikaze Tail-Gater!



Okay, this is my obligatory beefcake shot of me in my Sugoi 'Carbon' jersey.

My Gawd, yes. I - AM - BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL!

And I have helmet hair...

Posted by Picasa

First road rash. Came at a complete stop. No, really. I was not moving...

I pulled up to a stop sign, couldn't pull my cleat out and fell over.

Road Warrior?

Road Putz.

And if the driver's in Vancouver have anything to say about it...

Road Kill!


Due to popular demand!

http://www.simonsbikeshop.com/

Giant

TCR 2
by Paul Newitt

Price: $2,249

Weight: 2.2 lbs (frame)

Components: Shimano 105, Cinelli, Selle Italia

Frame & Fork: ALUXX Sl butted aluminum, carbon composite fork

Geometry: 73° head tube, 73.5° seat tube, 21.85cm top tube

Sizes: S, M (tested), L

Comments: "Good things come in small packages."

www.giant-bicycles.com

It has been four years since Giant introduced the revolutionary compact road frames to the international race circuit, and it continues to stick with the race-proven lighter/smaller/stiffer concept. Over those same four years, Giant continued to receive invaluable input from members of Team ONCE, and has pushed compact frame innovation to the edge.

The origin of the compact frame stems from Giant's relationship with Mike Burrows, one of the world's most innovative and prominent bicycle designers. Burrows set out on a quest to produce a stiffer bike at a lower weight than a standard frame and to produce a better-fitting bike for everyone. This goal was achieved by using a sloping top tube with larger-diameter thin-wall tubing. The larger-diameter tubing in the main frame makes the bike stiffer and lighter, providing less frame flex during acceleration, descents, or in cornering. The sloping top tube also meant Giant could create a smaller rear triangle.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well OMG...there they finally are...My personal favorite is Number 3 pic...it says it all!!...you road Warrior...and yes,you are Beautiful Vince...best of luck on your Biking Quest...

11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Ummmm...I'll pass on the beefcake. But where is Simon's Bikes and how much do I have to pay for bike like yours?

9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very few men can make helmet hair, scraped elbows and spandex bike shorts look sexy.....but i have to say you definitely can! Eye candy at its best!

11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

Vince got the bike from me. I used it last year for my first triathlons. The bike retails for about $1800 - $1900. It turned out the bike is just slightly too short for me and I went out and bought a Specialized Allez Elite :-) Certainly a sweet ride too! A decent triathlon or road bike starts at around $1800. You can buy used but if you don't know the history of the bike it could be pretty risky and you could run into problems fairly soon. The more money you spent the less hassle with bike wear and tear and the better work the bike parts. If you're putting lots of miles on your bike higher quality parts will be a great asset in the long run. If you're really serious about triathlon or road racing a bike around $3000 will do a seriously great job.

I've been in Vancouver for about 3 years and I used to hang out in the bike industry in Germany. And since I'm madly in love with bikes and bike stores I do have contacts that help me to get people brand new bikes for the best deal in town. I'm not a big fan of on-line shopping when it comes to bikes. I prefer the service and the feel of well run and cool bike shop. If the price is right it surely is the best of both worlds!

You're more than welcome to contact me if you're interested in getting a bike. I might be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Michael

michaelloehr1@yahoo.ca

2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home