Thursday, August 24, 2006

Before...



This what I looked like in the morning when we were up in Skidegate in the Queen Charlotte Islands... Days 34 - 39 of the good 'ole Efudex treatment. Skin Cancer, gotta luv it!



I am not an animal, I AM A MAN! Well, not really, but I try....



Yeah, it felt about as good as I look in this picture. The swelling was quite bizarre. The waking up every two hours in the middle of the night in excruciating agony and bleeding all over my sheets not so much. For a month I slept on a towel. That felt great!



Just a little wired on pain-killers and alcohol, and exhausted... This was after flying to the Queen Charlotte's - which meant getting up at 4:00 AM - eight hours of fishing for Chinook (of course I caught more than anyone else) and then a long night of... well, it's all kind of blurry now.

Thank you, Patrick for capturing the best sides of one Vincent Errol Hemingson.

During my treatment I ran two marathons and a week after I ran the Stormy 64K Ultramarathon Trail Race. Yes, I really AM as dumb as a sack of hammers.

The 45 days of treatment were the longest 45 days of my life. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It's surprising how often I find myself saying those words... Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

awwwwww.....you're still a cutie!

4:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home