Sunday, February 04, 2007

23 Skidoo

 

Coach Galloway called for a 37 K long run today, so out I went into the rain and drizzle - all four hours and twenty minutes of it - and ran 23 miles, the closest that my small imperial measure brain could figure out was approximately 37 K.

The run was nice, but I do so hate wet feet for hours on end...

And according to the Polar S625X, I burned 3,540 calories in the process. Not too shabby a number for Super Bowl Sunday!

Weighed in at 195 this morning, 17% body fat. Guess now I'm closer to 194.

Damn, forgot about brekfast!

23 Skidoo.

I wonder where on earth that expression came from? Any answers, folks? Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Jesslyn has recently posted your blog at the about.com site, therefore you should be getting more hits.

Definition: 23 Skidoo is an American slang popularized in the early Twentieth Century (first appearing before World War I and becoming popular in the Roaring Twenties). It generally refers to leaving quickly. One nuance of the phrase suggests being rushed out by someone else. Another is taking advantage of a propitious opportunity to leave, that is, "getting out while the getting is good."
Happy trails, Bruce

12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home