Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Farts and Giggles

A little perspective never hurts in running, and most assuredly, in life.

In the midst of my latest training train wreck, it was nice to break out in a smile.  And my smile came in the mail courtesy of the nice folks from the Portland Marathon.

Never underestimate the power of a five dollar award.

As you can plainly see, my little piece of painted particle board and enameled brass proclaims, in bright red I might add, that said correspondent did come no less than THIRD (their upper case, not mine) in the Men's Pump and Run, 200-224 40+ class.

So, my first marathon podium... :)

I know, I smiled too.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am up to May of 2005 on your blog.
I have been off of running for about 18 months. I have no idea how I came upon your blog but I am definitely enjoying it.

You are, hmmm, how can I say it......
educational. I'm planning on reading it until I come up to date. You and I are about the same age and both of us are about the same weight. I started my struggle at about 210 pounds.

Lator gator,

German

german-2008

4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home