Sunday, April 17, 2005

And the Beat Goes On!


Heart Beat Per Minute Graph Posted by Hello

Sometimes you just want to get lost in the minutia. God, after all, is in the details.

The graph shows that the vast majority of my endurance run was done with my heart rate within a few percentage points of 130 beats per minute, or 65% of my maximum heart rate of 200, give or take a beat or two...

My average heart rate for the run was 126 BPM, and my highest heart rate was 158 (I sprinted up the Prospect Point Hill off the Lion's Gate Bridge to get to the bathroom).

3 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
I was up at Boston on Monday (ran the first 7 miles prior to the race). First, prep for hills. I was surprised at how hilly the start was. Mostly downhill, but there was a short uphill that really interrupted rhythm. Also, though the morning was cool, the sun was blasting, and it really warmed up - I think those who trained in the north and weren't accustomed to sweating really paid.
Scooter

4:59:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
Is all OK? It's unusual for you to go so long w/o posting.

7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Hi Scooter,

Thanks for lighting a fire under my ass. Just a lot of irons in the fire and pots on the boil...

Vince

3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home