Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday Bliss


50K (29.7 miles) of Sunday Bliss Posted by Hello

Here is what 50K of ten and ones look like on the Polar S625X. My average heart rate for the five hours (yikes!) of running was 131. The valleys in the midst of the Dolmite Range of peaks, are the recovery walks between the periods of running. The really wide open valleys are where we took water and bathroom breaks and at three hours where we returned to the Running Room and then resumed on a 18K add on.

I thought today was an excellent tribute to Jeff Galloway and his training concept of "Overdistance Training". It has not only worked for me, but I think it has had immense benefits for a number of participants in my pace group. I am expecting some excellent times to come out of my group, and I wouldn't be the slightest bit shocked to see a number of personal bests. I will be astonished if the bulk of my runners don't make their target goal times in the Vancouver Marathon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great run today Vince, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here's a little keepsake for the 18K add-on group:

5:14:32

11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Thanks, Patrick!

Patrick is one of those lithe and lean runners that you see scoot ahead in a marathon all the time to the sounds of trumpets and french horns and sub-3:00 finishing times. The kind of guy who has run a 33:00 10K... Bastard!

Patrick was one of those, plus Mr. JUStin CALLison, and the indefatigable Miss Laura who accompanied me for the full 50K (30 miles). Patrick is a VERY experienced runner and he has admitted to being pleasantly surprised at how he has felt by doing the Overdistance Training.

Thank God the taper has started!

8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home