Sunday, April 10, 2005

From the Mountain Top

I was hoping to post my training data from my new Polar S625X that I accrued on today's 50K (29.7 miles) long distance run. Unfortuantely, the infrared reader - a Polar product- hooked up to my PC's brand-new USB port that I just shelled out fifty bucks for is not communicating with the Polar watch. I have been trying for twenty minutes. I am actually missing watching Tiger Woods destroy poor Chris de Marco in the last few holes of the Masters.

So why is this happening? Did the watch and sensor have a fight? Has the watch been witholding sex? What were the product development guys at Polar thinking? This downloading of data stuff should be easy. The watch has fabulous capabilities. I am just not sure yet whether or not the engineers who designed and built it live in the real world with the rest of us. And I am beginning to doubt if they are runners. The hours spent ramping up to learn how to use this are really beginning to add up. And once again the Help menu on the Polar software and the Polar website are woefully short of specific information and suggestions for dealing with these real world issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home