Monday, January 02, 2006

Bite The Banana, Baby!

Posted by Picasa

Vince, "Bite The Banana, Baby" Hemingson caught in the act.

Laura, yours truly, and Patrick at the Hydrant that marks the end of the Club Fat Ass 50K New Year's Run. At this stage of the day (notice the light, or lack thereof) I was just too tired to bend down any further, so instead of just kissing the hydrant, I look like I am performing an indecent act on a piece of city plumbing infrastructure.

http://www.clubfatass.com/events/VancouverNewYear

Everything you ever wanted to know about Club Fat Ass!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Vince,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed your recap of the 50K and I think next year I may head up to Vancouver and do this Fat Ass as well. I have read up on Club Fat Ass in the past and am always eager to do some different 50K's. Good luck in your continued training for Boston.

6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great report on the FatAss 50. I dropped out after 34km.

8:50:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Because I'm such a big fan of Jeff Galloway's concept of "overdistance" training for a marathon, during the course of training for 26.2 miles I will do long slow distance runs out to 26, 28 and 30 miles. Once you are doing that cycle twice a year, I find that ultramarathons are not that much of a stretch.

The last two summers I have run the Stormy 67K Ultramarathon Trail Race, last year in 7:40. The key for me is pacing.

And I firmly belief that this kind of training reaps big benefits for my marathon running. The ultras do incredible things for your confidence levels.

4:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home