Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Going Through the Motions

I am gearing myself up to run the Fat Ass Fifty (50K) on New Year's Day and honestly, the most appealing part of the run is knowing that I'm going to burn off some of the fat I've packed onto my ass over the holidays. I am struggling a bit to get in at least three days a week of training. Since the beginning of December I have managed to get my big long runs in on Sundays and the rest of the time I am juggling my schedule to top up my tank with a couple of 10Ks.

And in preparation for the Las Vegas Marathon, I managed to keep my mileage up to about 60K (40-odd miles) a week. The good news is that in the midst of all the running I have been doing, I have been taking it relatively easy pace-wise and my weight is steady in the mid 180s. Starting the first week of January it will be back to the Spring Marathon Clinic, back to Tempo runs and Race Pace and back to my marathon diet.

Patrick and Hugh and I are going to follow up on our practise last sumer and fall of doing more shorter races this season and in pursuit of that strategy we'ved joined the BC (British Columbia) Athletic Association. They host the excellent Timex Road Race Series where runners are ranked on their best seven finishes out of fifteen scheduled events that take place around the province of BC. It only costs $35 to join and you get a discount on your entrance fees for being a member. If you run 10 of the 15 events, you get a t-shirt!

Getting excited about Boston!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Best of luck at the Fat Ass!! Cant wait to hear all about it!!

4:10:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
Glad to hear you're struggling with weight, too. Have a great race and a healthy and prosperous new year. I look forward to meeting you in Boston. My app is filled out and should hit the mail today.

9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Thanks for the comments, have to admit I am looking forward to the FA Fifty myself!

2:09:00 AM  
Blogger Love2Run said...

50K? Just another training run for Boston but seems a little extreme ;-) Take it easy and good luck!

9:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home