Saturday, August 26, 2006

And After...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/justincallison/sets/72157594251793647/

Thanks once again to my semi-professional photographers, Justin and Patrick...

These photos were taken about two and a half weeks after I finished the 45 days of treatment with Efudex.

Yikes!

And it is always nice to be surrounded by wonderful people, even if their taste in friends is a little sketchy.


Thank you again to everyone for your birthday wishes and for my rather uniquely Vince-like strung out birthday celebrations.

I know, I know, I'm a drama queen and I certainly like to draw things out as long as possible...

And for the next month I will be in France. I will try to post comments on my Blog as often as I am able. Remember, however, I am, after all, technology challenged...

http://www.marathondumedoc.com/

http://www.marathondumedoc.com/texte_esprit_gb.html

Few marathons are in a class of their own. Le Marathon des Chateaux du Medoc on September 9, 2006 is one. Routed through 59 vineyards in the fabled villages of the Medoc region, this event appeals to the true connoisseur of fine runs. Where else do they ask you at the aid stations, "red or white Madame?". Thankfully, there is plain water if you so choose.

The course reads more like a wine list than a race course: Chateau Lafite Rothschild, Chateau Mouton Rothschild, Lynch-Bages, Pichon Lonqueville, Beychevelles among others. Accommodations are always a problem since the 8,000 runners overwhelm the small villages directly north of Bordeaux.

This trip appeals to those as interested in stimulating their palate as well as their hamstrings. Chateaux visits with wine tasting are scheduled in Pauillac, St. Julien, Margaux, St. Emilion and Cognac.

This celebration of wine and running is a blend of comedic exercise unique to the French. Where else could you be passed by a bunch of grapes, a cork and Cirano de Bergerac in a staggering sprint to the finish?

Cheers, Mes Amis!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home