Thursday, January 04, 2007

Morning 10K

  Posted by Picasa

I felt I owed myself and Jeff Galloway a hardish 10K this morning. Last night I was just too exhausted, more emotionally than physically in all honesty, to make the Wednesday Night Run Club. Sometimes you just don't want to talk about all the obvious things in your life - despite how well-meaning the intentions are of the people who ask after you.

So I went out this morning intending to run at lactate threshold and, maybe because of the rain in my face and the wind and the ache in my heart, I just ran.

And ran.

And ran.

And let my heart rate get away from me because I could.

I haven't seen 185 in a long while let me tell you...

It felt good.

Another good reason to run.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

“I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, and then I ran some more.” – Edward Norton

8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

The good ole Fight Club line...

8:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home