Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bits and Bites

Yesterday, i worked out that I walked about 20K around Paris. So much for not running 10K yesterday in the rain!

Today I logged 12K in the bridle or horse paths in the Bois de Boulogne, a very famous wooded park in Paris - well, on the outskirts actually. I did the distance in about 57 minutes, so it was nice to get in a fast run.

I saw rabbits, pheasant, deer tracks and lots of dogs. There were even a few other runners. It was hot and the humidity had to up there, so it was wonderful to run in the shade and be reminded of Stanley Park.

In the evening Bois de Boulogne is as popular as ever, although better known as a place to arrange a rendezvous with one of the many transvestite prostitutes.

The French keyboard is still taking time to get used to, but it is fabulous to work on a Mac!

I have not crashed once while online here, although it gets a little slow occasionally, and it takes me awhile to figure out what Steve Jobs and Apple had in mind with a few of the keys...

Still, I think I am having my technological revelation on the Road to Medoc!

I was asked in a post whether it was even POSSIBLE to run a marathon while drinking wine...

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE with enough commitment! Wine should be a piece of cheese after having done marathons and Ultramarathons in a kilt and combat boots!

I have played MANY rounds of golf, baseball games and pick-up football games while heavily soused...

True enough this will
be done over a much longer period of time while expending a lot more physical energy...

Frankly, I'm not THAT worried. I have my kilt and the rest of my costume, my face paint, my feather head dresss and my attitude.

Numerous stops for wine and cheese just seems totally appropos under those circumstances. Of course, it will be interesting to see how Seymour and Nathalie and Jacquie hold up, or should I say, it will be interesting to see if they can hold it in?

Now I am off to Montmartre and Sacre Couer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home