Friday, February 23, 2007

Stuck on Standby

I have ventured out the past two days to see if I was fit enough to run, but it has become clear within ten or fifteen minutes, even going excruciatingly slow, that my long-term reovery is best served by taking it easy.

Within a couple of kilometres I am a bit wheezy and breaking out in a sweat all out of proportion to my effort. And my heart rate soars with the smallest exertion. So, I will err on the side of caution.

This weekend my Galloway plan calls for 45K, but I don't see that as particularly realistic. Another venture outside and I will try and realistically assess my condition.

Good news is, my weight has been stable at 190 pounds for most of this week. And I have had lots of time to make homemade chicken soup!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Hamilton said...

At least you tried!! Give it a couple more days and start slowly. Boston is a long way off. You'll make it.

I read back a few posts to see what you're suffering from. Ick. I've had that, or something similar. You may cough for a while even after the bug is gone.

I learned from your doctor to take more fish oil :-)

I'm training to qualify for Boston, hopefully this fall. Come see me at my blog! Thanks for yours and get better soon!

2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home