Friday, March 02, 2007

Finally...

 

I went out on Friday afternoon into a light drizzle, determined to get at least one decent run in for the week.

I did a little over 10K, (6.3 miles to be exact) in 47 minutes flat, averaging a 7:24 pace and a heart rate average of 156, although I started out the first ten minutes so easily that a more honest heart rate average would be a more believable 160-162; or at about 80% of my maximum heart rate. It was a good warm-up pace. As soon as I was warm, I stepped up the pace a little. My resting heart rate in the mid-afternoon after a couple of cups of coffee and pacing about was about 60, and I took that for about thirty seconds out of curiousity, hence the strange lag and blip at the beginning of my chart...

For the first time in weeks my lungs felt comfortable and easy at a brisk pace, although my legs were still a bit leaden.

It's interesting to theorize that at ten fewer pounds than my present 187, I would have to exert 5% less effort to move the same physical mass through time and space, or be 5% faster (counting every two pounds as 1% body fat...), although of course that's mostly conjecture on my part. Still... a theory well worth considering when I pass the fridge and my stomach is growling. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your training is never boring, that's for sure.

11:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. The rest period was the right thing to do for sure. Your run speaks well for the slow long run at what some would consider too slow, when you are not up to running at or in the pace group you might think you should be in.

4:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Compadre

9:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home