Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Great Meltdown

http://health.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-obesity-ess.html

Another great article from the Health Section of the New York Times.

It's being raining for the past eight hours and Vancouver is a curious mixture of ice and snow, with growing little glacial lakes and pools of six inch deep water at every street corner.  The water has no where to go, as the streets are still lined with pushed up mounds of ice and snow.  This is information I found out the hard way - by having icy cold rigid water fill my boots as I walked for my morning coffee and stepped off the curb into what I must say was a rather innocent looking puddle at first glance,  and then had to spend the next half hour sloshing about until I could go home and change my socks and my footwear.  Brrrgh!!! Lovely!

The Spring Marathon Clinic starts this evening but I think I will be better served by an hour on the treadmill.

I may show my ugly mug in a show of support and to see just how many die hards and New Year Resolution-ers there are out there! 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok vince, your blog is sounding a little negative, although it is reality, the weather sucks...but get over it. you are a guy who has done over 25 marathons including a couple of ultras. you have qualified for boston twice that i know of...its tough to get out there but there are so many people who look to you. they are all thinking, if vince can do it, then i sure can...Also, you may not know this but people sign up for the marathon clinic to see you and benefit from your experience and your support. so get out there and live up to your reputation.

1:20:00 PM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Negative?

Hey, I ran two plus hours on a freakin' treadmill! What's more positive than that!?

As for my "reputation...." Well, I shudder to think what that is.

You just can't keep some people happy. :)

And in all honesty, I can't imagine anyone foolish enough to sign up for a marathon clinic to hear what I of all people has to say.

3:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have learned more from you Vince than all the clinic I have taken over the years.

And I think you are very positive and inspiring. My best marathon time came after I trained with you.

But you do swear a lot sometimes. And shout during hill training.

4:18:00 PM  
Blogger Vava said...

You are totally describing what Toronto is like in winter most of the time! Pain in the ass to be sure. But hey, less than 3 months till Spring!

11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home